Pages

382 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Please Update Progress
I have been adding categories faster than they are being addressed. I have not heard anything from most people that have said they would help. Rosenkreuz, has been updating me regularly on the roadblocks he is facing, and some of Chasen's beautiful faces are included in each new release. Please let me know whether progress is being made, or whether I should release the assigned categories.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Furniture Markers
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 01/15/2011. XJDHDR has indicated that he will address the furniture markers added by Eloth, and that I added to furniture in v017. I am placing his post here where it belongs rather than my main Project Release Thread. * Updated furniture Markers by Eloth (somebody will need to rotate most of these) As I mentioned to Eloth in his thread for the furniture markers, I have decided to take a look at this task. In fact, I started investigating the new furniture today and have already moved some of the furniture around. Anyway, I hope no one is/has been working on this issue since the release of v17 or it may cause conflicts.
bluegenre
bluegenre's picture
Icons
progress is somewhat slow but i am working on them, have several done so far,thought i would update you
Ddmlink
Ddmlink's picture
Vampire Quests
I'll do the vampires and their quests.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Categories Removed
The Main Post of this Thread has been Updated 01/24/2011 A couple new volunteers have joind the project! Thank You! I have also removed some categories, like Slave Scripting, which I will do as part of House Hlaalu. Having a fully functioning Main Quest has indeed provided a bost to recognition. Downloads have more than tripled, and seem to be increasing rather than falling off. So, people are definitely starting to realize we have something here! And, releasing a Complete Installation has cut Technical issues by 90% (except for people forgetting load order or having trouble with Vvardenfell Imports).
Darth South
Darth South's picture
NPC Aggression
Look bro, I know very few thigns about the construction set, and I can't do the tutorials to learn it from the beggining. However that NPC aggression should not be hard. It would rather take some time. Is it as simpleas just clicking the NPC, from the list and changing his/her attributes? I might help you.
Dave B
Dave B's picture
NPC Aggression
Nothing is ever as easy as it seems :) Actually updating the NPC's is very easy. Double-Click on the NPC; Click the AI Button, then change Aggression to 5, Confidence to 50. However, the challenge is updating the proper NPC's. If you just start doing this to everybody, things will get really dull as enemies would no longer attack you... You need to first identify the NPC's that should NOT attack you on sight, like everybody in cities, houses, etc. Then, with that list, update the NPC's.
Darth South
Darth South's picture
Well then
What you truly ask is rather a list, because changing few numbers takes only time, not any effort. But finding every single NPC? This is tough. When you look to the general aspect of game, with few exceptions, everything goes right. Why change it then?
Dave B
Dave B's picture
AI Is Important
In playtesting through the Main Quest and all of the House Quests, I have been attacked dozens of times simply by walking into a room. Zabamund attacked me on sight and would not accept my yield. Game Over. The Archcannon attacked me on sight, and then all the Ordinators attacked him and his priests. Game Over, again,etc., etc. People have complained about being attacked in Balmora. I have set the AI for all exterior residents of Balmora, but not Gnisis, Ald-Ruhn, etc., etc., and have been setting them for all NPC's where various Quests take you, like the Duke and his gang in Ebonheart, who also attacked me on sight. If this is what you mean by "with few exceptions, everything goes right" then that's because you have only been where I have changed the NPC's, or happen to belong to the proper faction. I have been setting AI in the cells where quests take me, but AI needs a comprehensive overhaul. And, because something is not complex, does not mean it is easy. Setting AI will be a long, tedious process. We do need some help with it.
Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Enchantment fix
Not exactly sure, but maybe it will be useful. I tried to fix most of incorrect enchanted items. Also I corrected some wrong spell effects. Please note, this can only be called a beta version, because I'm not sure that all the effects was are corrected. Those effects that Oblivion don't has, but they were in Morrowind, I replaced with similar. Please test my patch. http://www.multiupload.com/MFPXE3OIK0
Dave B
Dave B's picture
Levitation
Thank you for the mod Nobeus. Levitation is needed inside Telvanni Towers. Your mod includes a borrowed script that specifically prohibits use inside. Do you have permission to use this script? No existing Levitation mod for Oblivion works reliably indoors, and in Morrowind Levitation indoors is necessary. That is why we ended up with the current fix that we have. It may not be pretty, but it works inside a Telvanni Tower. You have obviously put an enormous amount of time and effor into this. Thank you. Would it be possible for you to document what changes you have made and why?
Hashmi1
Hashmi1's picture
... err erase that. I've got
... err erase that. I've got other plans.
Ddmlink
Ddmlink's picture
Vampire Clans Update
Just letting you know I'm still working on this. Work's been a little slow lately but I have managed to create a vampire script (without editing Oblivion's default) so that vampirism (in Vvardenfell) is close to how it was in Morrowind (like permanent sun damage and dreams every time you sleep, only 1 stage of vampirism, etc.). So far, I have recreated the quests for the Berne Clan and placed "cattle" in Galom Daeus (although they still go around gossiping with everyone). The vampirism cure quest is functional, but I still need to tidy up the last bit. A few questions, though, if you don't mind: 1. Should I include the vampire fly spell when the player becomes a vampire? It was always in Morrowind's CS but it wasn't added in the game. 2. I still have v018. Will using an .esp that relies on v018 cause any issues with the merge or should I get v019? (I've never merged mods before, so I don't know).
Dave B
Dave B's picture
New Category Added
I have added a new category for Renting Rooms as noted by someone that this did not work. I have also removed the "Vampire Clans" category as Ddmlink finished this and they became available in v021. Thank you. However, it appears as if there are a few lines of dialog that are problematic. We are still trying to track that down & fix it.
Glorf97
Glorf97's picture
There is a lot of the same

There is a lot of the same items in oblivion & morrowind (like weapons, armors etc.). I want to fix it and replace with oblivion objects. I think, it's a good idea.

PS. I will post when I will have any progress with it.

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Since all the Morrowind

Since all the Morrowind quests completed, I decided to start a patch Tribunal. To begin, I returned the goddess Almalexia using the armor of Vvardenfell Imports. I restored both of her alter ego - usual and warrior, including her sword and Barilzar ring, but it all without quest.

Also I restored original Higher ordinators armor using Vvardenfell Imports.

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
There are a lot of threads on

Re: Nobeus

There are a lot of threads on the PsychoDog forums there on using Better Clothes in other mod.  However, I think the idea is that you can use and modify Better Clothes all you want as long as you give credit to the original authors and link back to the website:

http://www.psychodogstudios.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376

What's special about this mod is going to be run as a community mod. We felt this was the best option for several reasons. Most importantly it means everyone can be involved. Anyone can submit designs, anyone can do models and anyone can do textures. Basically anyone who submits anything that is used will be credited.

http://www.psychodogstudios.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5097

There is no problem using Better Clothes in your mod so long as credit is given. PM Dereko1 if you have any questions. - Grey

helpfulperson
helpfulperson's picture
Not a promotion

Thank you Orator for the kind words. But, I have noticed that unless one is using HGEC body, the body textures, while wearing the Vvardenfell import's Almalexia armor, are distorted.

Personally, I preferred the Roberts Male Body version of vivec over the converted creature, but in the grand scheme of things, I do not think one could go wrong either way.

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Better clothes for Morroblivion

Okay, I finished adapting Better clothes for Oblivion :party: . Were replaced models from Morrowind and the Bloodmoon. Sleeveless shirts and skirts (except Mara skirt) had to be removed because they cause the disappearance of the body parts. All the robes look very nice without any bugs, shirts too. Shoes should be used together with wearing pants. 

Here are 2 screenshots to compare with original

Here is a link :)  http://www.multiupload.com/0Y62Z4DFTD

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Guilds Patch

Here is another fix. I edited two Guilds - Fighters and Mages, they now offer their services correctly. The error was that the members of the guilds simultaneously consist in a guild Morrowind and Oblivion. For this I edited each member of both guilds, and added membership for those who don't have it, or have incorrect rank. So now you do not need to be in a guild of Oblivion, to use the services of the guild of Morrowind.

Link: http://www.multiupload.com/S80RUYUNMM

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Books with pictures

I restored the pictures in all city guides, as well as 3 books - The Firmament, ABCs for Barbarians and Boethiah's Glory. I would like to restore the image in all the books and scrolls, in which they were supposed to be, but for some strange bug they are not displayed. Maybe later I'll find a way to fix it.

Link http://www.multiupload.com/D34GJ2AF17

thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
Great work Nobeus, looks

Great work Nobeus, looks cool!

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Categories Updated & Released
I have removed "NPC Aggression" because I just finished that in v022. I am also releasing several categories that had been reserved. Maybe I'm impatient, but I have not heard from them in weeks, and if they are not going to do the work, then someone else can. I am also making a personal request, which I am not putting as part of the main thread. I do not know Morrowind; I do not know Morrowind Armor. The first part of this project was to replace Morrowind Armor with Vvardenfell Imports Armor. I have done the best I could to match Morrowind Items with Vvardenfell Imports items, but I know there are things that I missed or got wrong. Would somebody that is familiar with Morrowind please go through all the Armor: * Have I gotten anything wrong? * Have I gotten everything possible that could match with Vvardenfell Imports items? * Are there any extra Vvardenfell Imports items that could be used in Morrowind? (I specfically did NOT do Mole Crab Helm because I love the one in Morrowind, but hate the one in VI.) Eloth is working on a Clothing Replacer Mod that will replace Morrowind Clothing with Oblivion Clothing. When finished, and when I get around to writing up a readme for Nobeus's mod, I will place links for the the two different replacers on my Project Release Thread. The two will NOT be compatible, so people will be able chose which one they want.
Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Morrowind Armor

David, I'll try to start today correcting the armor from Morrowind. I will try to find the armor which has no body parts, and will try to find good replacement in Vvardenfell Imports, or in Oblivion resources.

Erstok
Erstok's picture
Just tested out the clothes,

Just tested Nobeus updated cloths, books, and guilds.  They all work A+.  Great job.  Keep up the good work :)

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Ordinators Voices Test

Here is a news from me - I restored voices of Ordinators, now for test only.

Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EYdlZwiL10

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Enchanting and Spellmaking

Today I returned the possibility to enchant items and spells creating to the NPC, which do it in Morrowind.

I am used this mod, but manually edited each NPC http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24859

So, enjoy :) 

www.mediafire.com/?y4imye9wcnbhy44

Erstok
Erstok's picture
Shock and awe.  Fantastic! 

Shock and awe.  Fantastic!  No more stop right there criminal scum.  Plus old enchanting setup is just amazing.  Great work like always!

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Lights sources are restored finally :)

Ok, guys, Finally I'm finished with the most tedious part, I regained about 95% of the light sources, which were automatically disabled in converting process (initially disabled items). To do this, I had to manually edit the about 1000(or even more) light sources in almost all locations :( . But now all the lights, candlesticks, chandeliers, and anything else that can illuminate - restored.

Here is a link www.mediafire.com/?tacayatqzqfdon9

I hope you will enjoy it!

Nobeus
Nobeus's picture
Lights sources patch v2

The second version of the patch. I corrected the wrong turned torches in severallocations, so that now they will not just fall to the floor, but will hang on the walls.

www.mediafire.com/?ljx6uxzcm8xhac8

Clint
Clint's picture
Holy Crap!

I am shocked by the amount of work that you guys have done in the past couple of months! You guys are truly amazing! Six months ago, it was a bunch of little kids saying gimme gimme, and not realizing the amount of work it takes to get things done in this project. Now I see a mature team that's organized and getting assigned tasks done.

I also know how much time it takes to get even little things done like fixing up dungeons, as I used to mod for a similar project. Very time consuming.

I wish I could help you guys, but being a full time college student only gives me time to mod over the breaks. But I really want to thank you guys for your hard work. I have mad respect for each one of you guys.

Keep up the good work!

Didact1
Didact1's picture
Almalexia - Chimer

Almalexia was a Chimer so perhaps using the 'Chimer' race for Almalexia could be a good idea? I'll find a link... But otherwise good work on Almalexia's appearance so far

Glorf97
Glorf97's picture
* Weapons Rebalance. A

* Weapons Rebalance. A little of this has been done; costs have been addressed by Rosenkreuz, but the damage, weight, speed, and reach of all Morrowind weapons needs to be reviewed.

I want to fix this bug.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Progress Updates
Thank you Glorf97, for weapons. This is a pretty big project, I'm not sure "bug" quite does this justice. This is one of the last really game-whacking things left in Morroblivion. It is needed very badly! I have also updated the main post of this thread with a special note about progress that I have probably never made clear. It is Much easier for me to deal with bite-sized mods than massive "coplete" works. Remember, I need to check for conflicts and try to resolve them before merging anything, and I don't always get it right, so sometimes this is a pretty big project by itself. Please send any updates to mods in progress whenever you get to a good stopping point. I have removed "Disabled Items" from the list. Nobeus finished this. Thank you. His fixes will be included in v023. I am hoping to release v023 tomorrow evening (my time), but a side project I am working on is taking longer than I had thought, and I am waiting for an update from the Queen of the Ashlands.
Glorf97
Glorf97's picture
Sorry, I need to make sure: I

Sorry, I need to make sure: I must to find very similar morrowind & oblivion objects and replace morrowind values with oblivion's?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Weapons Rebalance
Yes. Weapons should be as close to Oblivion items as possible. Obviously, there are no direct equivalents for many of them, so make a chart and set certain types of Morrowind items equal to certain types of Oblivion items. For example, Daedric and Glass weapons are the best vanilla Oblivion has, so the Best Morrowind items should not be any higher. Morrowind Daedric should be identical to Oblivion Daedric, and Morrowind Steel should be identical to Oblivion Steel, etc. This is a large project. Thank you for undertaking it. Weapons: * Damage * Weight * Reach * Speed * Durability * Cost (partly done by Rozenkreuz)
ChasenCharran
ChasenCharran's picture
Training

I'll do the training. I've gotten lots of experience with the ESCS recently (The Morrowind ESCS, but still, close enough) and doing the training looks pretty easy.

Oh, and my hard drive got erased, so if you could send me a link to the faces mod I did, I could do some more of those.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Faces
Faces have been merged in several stages into the Master. Chasen, you never sent me "a mod;" you sent me what you had at the time whenever I told you I was ready for another release. I am excited about training. The haphazard way it carried over from conversion has always bothered me, even though I personally never use training.
Didact1
Didact1's picture
NPCs LOVE me!

Haha NPCs in the Mages guild and Fighters Guild (In Balmora so far) follow me, talk about loving the attention!

is there a way to fix this? I realise it is similar to the shopkeepers in Cyrodiil where the owners will follow me, makes it hard to steal stuff I guess, anyone fixing this issue? if not, I'll be happy to deal with it in the next release, just let me know how and ill get on it

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Oblivion "Improved" AI
All NPC's were given a basic wander package from conversion. This is Oblivion AI. The way to fix it is to give the NPC's something better to do... So, if you could just hurry up and redo ALL the AI for ALL the NPC's in Vvardenfell, that would be great :)
thermador
thermador's picture
Administrator
Donor
ChasenCharran: I'll do the

ChasenCharran: I'll do the training. I've gotten lots of experience with the ESCS recently (The Morrowind ESCS, but still, close enough) and doing the training looks pretty easy.

Thanks for volunteering to do this!  You're probably aware of all this, but I will write it out in case you're not, cause it's important. :-)

The big difference between the two games is that Oblivion only allows trainers to train in one skill, where Morrowind allowed trainers to offer training in multiple skills.  So when you set up training in Morroblivion, you should make sure that each trainer is training the skill that they are BEST at training (if they offered to train more than one skill in Morrowind).

For example, in Morrowind, Senyndie would train to level 100 in Acrobatics, but could also Sneak and Hand-to-hand to level 66.  Obviously we should make sure that in Morroblivion she offers training for Acrobatics (the best one of the three), and not one of the other two skills, and that she can still train in Acrobatics up to level 100.

A complete list of trainers is here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Trainers

A complete list of master (level 100) trainers is here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Master_Trainers

Didact1
Didact1's picture
How about next release?

I'm going to wait for the next release, because at the moment I'm very busy.... I'm starting Uni TODAY and theres still alot of organising, hectic start for me actually.... As soon as v23 comes out I'll get right on it, just need to sort some personal things out sorry for the dissapointment by the way...

ChasenCharran
ChasenCharran's picture
Thanks

Thanks thermador. I actually didn't know that. I never really played Oblivion.

So I'll get to work on the training now, I guess. LOTS of work to do.

ChasenCharran
ChasenCharran's picture
Question

What if the trainer trains, say, sneak and long blade both up to 44? Then which do I choose?

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Plan it Out
The text of my original post has long been overwritten, I guess. But, one of the basic problems in the conversion is that some types of trainers were plentiful, while others were rare or nonexistant. For instance, there were many trainers of Light Armor, but None of Heavy. The skills do not directly translate from Morrowind to Oblivion, so I would recommend using what they did in Morrowind as a loose reference. Trainers need to be placed so there is relative avilibility to most skills. If a Morrowind NPC trained Sneak & Long Blade, you obviously cannot have them train "Long Blade" since that skill does not exist in Oblivon. Rather than making an arbitrary decision, it would be better to see what others were training in the general area. Attempt to distribute the skills that are trained somewhat evenly by region. I would start by making a spreadsheet of skills & regions. Then go in and fill in the NPC's that are obviously direct conversions. Then fiddle with the rest to get a balance. Also falling under the general category of "Services" rather than just "Training," are the lack of Rechargers. With as little as I know about Morrowind, I do believe that Morrowind did not rely on Item chargers to replenish weapons & staves the way that Oblivion does, so there needs to be at least one recharger in every guild hall/city, etc.
Knots
Knots's picture
Hohoho.  My Morrowind .mp3s

Hohoho.  My Morrowind .mp3s have been in my Oblivion /music/ folder since I installed back when the game came out.  I think they blend together nicely.

Anyway, I'm curious; how do I help?  I wouldn't mind modding in the various bartenders so that they are actually merchants who can sell you Sujiama and the like.  I know how to use the CS and could easily do this, I just don't know how you guys are handling merges etc.

Wouldn't mind going through and replacing MW trees with OB equivilants, either, since it would only be a matter of swapping static .nifs in the editor, but I think eloth is doing that?  eloth's work is so sorely needed, their visual overhaul is millions of times better than what we have now if screens are anything to go by.

Xris
Xris's picture
Pathgrids

I am pathgridding the exterior.

Dave B
Dave B's picture
Great Progress! Other Suggestions Needed
Thank you to everybody that is helping on this Project! The list of things to do is getting smaller rapidly! We now have more in development than is left to go. I am temporarily taking Landscaping off the list. I have received the first parts of Eloth's Massive Visual Overhaul, and this may need some pretty extensive adjustments. I'm still not entirely sure, but if needed these would whack any custom landscaping done by anybody. So, now it's time again for me to ask for suggestions. However, last time I asked for suggestions most people listed Game-Engine ways in which Oblivion is not like Morrowind. What I am asking for in this context, is mod-specific areas that still need addressing in Morrobliivon. Such As... AI. This is WAY too big to be done by a single person, and both Didact and Eloth have started on this in different areas. If you would intende to work on AI, a lot of communication is needed so there are no conflicts. NPC Combat Tactics. Not a lot is needed here, as the "Default" works fine the vast majority of the time. But, for instance, it would probably be better if Archers used specific Archery Combat Tactics. What else??? (Eloth is also working on a replacer that will replace ALL Morrowind clothing with Oblivion clothing.)
Knots
Knots's picture
I'm not sure what Eloth has

I'm not sure what Eloth has and has not done and it seems as though you guys would have noticed this but I'm going to link it anyway on the off chance; http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=37329

It's got a lot of very nice oblivionized Morrowind resources.  The dwemer ruins are especially fantastic and the emperor parasols look great.

Darth South
Darth South's picture
Look, I truly don't know much

Look, I truly don't know much about construction set, but I know photoshop a bit. If you want I can design some icons for Morrowind. And send them to you in picture format.

EDIT: While checking UESP, I have seen, most of the factions already have some sort of symbol. With few touches, they can easily be transformed to the sizes which Oblivion use. And they will be as good as Oblivion.

Pages